The 5th Privacy&Us Training Event will take place in Frankfurt in the week of November 19. The event is hosted by Goethe University Frankfurt (GUF), and organized by Prof. Kai Rannenberg and Majid Hatamian.
Room 5.101, Seminarhaus Building
Max-Horkheimer-Straße 4, 60323 Frankfurt am Main (Building 19 on this map: https://www.uni-frankfurt.de/38093807/Campus_Westend-pdf.pdf).
If you do not have Eduroam account, you will be provided with onsite Wi-Fi credentials.
To have a real-time scheduling of all ongoing public transportation services (B-bahn, S-bahn, and Buses) in Frankfurt, you can install and use DB Navigator on your smartphone.
How to reach the event venue (Campus Westend)
From the airport:
Frankfurt International Airport is served by all major airlines and well connected with the regional train S-Bahn (routes S8 and S9). Follow the airport signs to the regional station Regionalbahnhof (S). Trains to the main station and Frankfurt City go every 15 minutes; you need to buy a ticket from a vending machine before boarding the train. Below is the detailed routing to the venue:
- Via S-Bahn S8 (direction to Offenbach Ost) or S9 (direction Hanau) to Hauptwache.
- Then from Hauptwache via subway: Line U1 (direction Ginnheim), U2 (direction Bad Homburg), U3 (direction Oberursel) or U8 (direction Riedberg) to stop at “Holzhausenstraße”,
- Then 7 minutes walking via “Hansaallee” to the Building “Seminarhaus” on Max-Horkheimer-Straße 4 (Building 19 on the PDF map below).
From the Central Railway Station (Hauptbahnhof):
- Take the underground, route U4 (Seckbacher Landstraße direction) or U5 (Preungesheim direction) and leave at the next stop (Willy-Brandt-Platz).
- From there, take the route U1, U2, U3 or U8 (note: all directions but the Südbahnhof direction) and get off the train at Holzhausenstraße/Uni Campus Westend.
- From there it’s a 5-minute walk to the venue (via “Hansaallee”).
Alternatively, you can take the underground route S1/2/3/4/5/6/8/9 from the main station (Hauptbahnhof) to Hauptwache and change to the underground route U1, U2, U3, or U8 (all directions to the Südbahnhof direction).
- Take bus 64 in the direction of Ginnheim to the station Bremer Straße.
- Then it is a short walk via “Hansaallee” to the Building “Seminarhaus” on Max-Horkheimer-Straße 4 (5 min. walk).
Campus map can be found at https://www.uni-frankfurt.de/38093807/Campus_Westend-pdf.pdf
There are plenty of diverse restaurants nearby the campus. Some of them are listed below:
Sturm und Drang (on the campus), €€
Mensa Anbau Casino (on the campus), €
Mensa Casino (on the campus), €
Cafeteria Dasein (on the campus), €
Demera (Ethopian), Address: Holzhausenstraße 77, 60322, €€
Veggie House (Asian), Address: Eschersheimer Landstraße 90, 60322, €€
Reuter’s Restaurant (German), Address: Reuterweg 104, 60323, €€€€
Ristorante Casa Rosa (Italian), Address: Leerbachstraße 94, 60322, €€
La Boveda (Spanish), Address: Feldbergstraße 10, 60323, €€
Chiz Mamie (French), Address: Sömmerringstraße 4, 60322, €€
Nigiri Sushi (Japanese), Address: Grüneburgweg 78, 60323, €€
Vini Da Sabatini, Address: Grüneburgweg 81, 60323, €€€€
Thai Express (Thai), Address: Grüneburgweg 41-43, 60322, €
Best Worscht in Town (Sausages), Address: Grüneburgweg 37, 60322, €
Vaivai (Italian, European), Address: Grüneburgweg 16, 60322, €€
Watra (Eastern Europe), Address: Grüneburgweg 29, 60323, €
Pizzeria Tre Stelle (Pizza), Address: Im Trutz Frankfurt 48, 60322, €
Options nearby the campus are as follows:
|Hotel Liebig||13 min|
|Hotel Mondial||13 min|
|motel frankfurt||15 min|
|The Doorman||17 min|
|Suite-Hotel Falk||19 min|
|SAKS Urban Design Hotel||23 min|
|Hotel Palmenhof||23 min|
Last update: July 06, 2018
|Monday, 19th November 2018|
|Tuesday, 20th November 2018|
|Wednesday, 21st November 2018|
|Thursday, 22nd November 2018|
|Friday, 23rd November 2018|